Ask a Dentist   »  

Suffer tooth pain. Suggested to extract. Noticed swollen lymph glands. Taking Cipro. Suggestions?

Per your response to my query of May 23, 2013 where I'm trying to find a method to detect infection in my wife's teeth that the dental offices can't detrect.

It was suggested that I try:An Oral pantograph. :" An Oral Pantograph is panoramic radiograph enables viewing of both upper and lower arches with their supporting structures.

A single image covers major part of facial region; also, radiation exposure is low here.

I would advise you to go for digital subs traction tomography."

The problem is that I live in the Tampa Bay/Clearwater, Fl area and nobody I've talked with knows who does this type of imaging locally? My wife is really in a lot of pain and they wont pull her teeth unless they see something that validates their decision to extract the teeth that have gone bad ( old root canals) and her lymph glands are swollen constantly and only go down when she stays on Cipro continously. If she runs out, within a few days the pain and swelling returns with a vengence. We even had plans to go to the Mayo Clinic but they said they only diagnosed problems and did not do any dental work there. Could you see if you can find a place somewhere in central Florida where my wife can get this imaging done and evaluated? It's so hard to get to the right people who know what things like this are all about. Help please.
Thank you.

Clearwater, Florida
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later

Though oral pantograph is a panoramic radio graph used in dentistry, it is easily available in various diagnostic centres too. You can approach for jaw x XXXXXXX in any imaging and diagnostic centre. I am not aware of diagnostic institutes at Florida, I am sorry for that. I think internet will serve you better to find the right diagnostic centre there.

On other thoughts, I think you might consider re-visit your dentist and ask for recent, normal dental x XXXXXXX called as IOPA taken in the region of root canal treated teeth (where she currently feels the pain). You may attach such X-ray here using the site's uploader or mail them to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn Dr. Anshumala Singh"