Suffer from weakness, chest pain and uneasiness. Prescribed Ome z ff 40, ganaton-50 and ulgel syrup. Suggestions?

hi, myself XXXXX 35 yrs old. i used to take alcohol twice/thrice (180ml) with spicy chicken in a week. but i was suffering from little bit gas problem from last one month. on 20/06/2013 night, i took one beer and spicy chicken. on 21st morning i started suffering from pain in chest specially right side and in back side. also felt uneasiness , weakness. immediately i went hospital. doctor examined me & found my ECG absolutely normal. he prescribed me Ome z ff 40 for twice a day, ganaton-50 thrice a day and ulgel syrup thrice aday. i took those on 21st and 22nd, but did not get any relief. then on 23rd, i consulted another doctor. he prescribed me Sompras d 40 for once a day and enzoxphy for thrice a week. but i got no result. always gas formation though i was taking very very light food. then i met another doctor on 24th night. he examined me and suggested me to take nexprofast 40 once a day , multivite gold once a day and sucral syrup once a day and suggested whole abdomn sonography. then i got 20-30% rerife but on 27th evening i consulted my problem with my uncle(doctor) over telephone as he is in another state. he suggested me to take brakke(ofloxacin200+ornidazole500) twice a day along with last three medicines. after taking two pills of brakke , from 28th noon, i started feeling good and relief from gas approx 95%. by this time my sonography found absolutely normal. tomorrow morning i.e. on 02/07/2013, my course of brakke will be completed. i also started taking Liv52 ds from 30/06. so please give me reply. now i am ok. and started some running and jogging. kindly reply me, what was the actual problem and what i have to do in future. please ....please...reply me.
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Feeling a chest pain and right sided pain after consumption of such a meal could mainly be attributed to two main pathologies: An acute gastritis and acute pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas).

I am afraid Brakke contains mainly antibiotics, an it would actually be very unlikely that consumption of alcohol and spicy chicken brought in the germs that were causing the pain. The modern management of gastritis or peptic ulcer disease today involves the use of three main drugs (two antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor which bis a drug that reduces gastric acid secretion, in your case Omeprazole 40). It might be interesting to remember that gastritis in 95 % of the cases has as a component causing or aggravating it, a bacterium called Helicobacter Pylori. This germ is very sensitive to Quinolones(like Ofloxacin), Imidazoles (like Ornidazole) amd Amoxiciline.

Association of these drugs to your treatment certainly was very effective in eradicating Helicobacter Pylori, an important risk factor in gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. You might to take Brakke for seven days in association with a proton pump inhibitor (Omez 40).

I think what you had was an episode of acute gastritis or peptic ulcer disease, having as trigger alcohol and spicy food. Great amelioration of symptoms under Brakke certainly due to the destructive effect of this antibiotic combination on Helicobacter Pylori, main cause of gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. completion of the seven day course of prescribed drug, preferable associating it with a proton pump inhibitor is the ideal thing to do. Consulting a gastroenterologist for a proper clinical review, an endoscopy (fibroscopy to visualize upper gastrointestinal tract to appreciate any ulcers of gastroinetstinal ulcers and testing for Helicobacter Pylori could be very useful). Avoid alcohol and spicy foods at this point in time.

I suggest you consult a gastroenterologist for a proper clinical and endoscopic review. Feel free asking any further questions if need be. Wishing you the best of health and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Follow-up: Suffer from weakness, chest pain and uneasiness. Prescribed Ome z ff 40, ganaton-50 and ulgel syrup. Suggestions? 20 hours later
After taking brakke, I was feeling good. But today morning after completion of jogging and running I took one NEXPROFAST 40 and after 15 mins i ate one mango with some dry rice( Mamdi). Soon after that a vomiting tendency occur, gas formation occur and vomited 2 times. After that felt tired and whole day suffered from unhungry and little gas formation though I took the 10th dose of brakke and live 52 D's twice.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I would love to know if you have a past negative history with mangoes or dry ice? This could however be some reaction to these or one of these foods in case you have ever reacted negatively to any of them.

However, at this point in time, my suggestion is actually to drink much water, avoid alcohol and spicy foods and complete your medication as prescribed.

Considering booking an appointment still with a gastroenterologist for a proper clinical and endoscopic review still remains reasonable to me. For now, I wish you the best of health, but remain watchful, In case symptoms persist or aggravate, consulting your primary care physician or emergency room even before meeting the gastroenterologist would be the ideal.

However for now, I think you stay very calm as I wish you the best of health. In case you got any clarifications, you are always welcome as I would be honored making my humble contributions.

Kind regards,

Bain LE, MD.