Suffer from hair loss. Prescribed 7.5% morr solution. Helpful? Side effects?

i'm XXXXXXX 24 yrs old..m suffering from hair loss since 3-4 yrs...i visited a doctor and he gave me morr 7.5% it helpful for hair growth...and does it hav any side effects...
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jyoti Patil 6 hours later

Thanks for posting your query and sorry for replying late.

Morr 7.5% lotion contains Minoxidil. This drug improves the blood flow, helps to stimulate the hair growth and reverses the hair loss. It is one of the commonly recommended treatment for Alopecia.

Local application has less side effects compared to oral route. It can causes weight gain by fluid retention, excessive non-scalp hair growth, allergic reaction like redness, itching, dry scalp, etc. If you have any of these do consult your doctor.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Wish you good health.