Suffer constipation. Feel chills, nausea and fever. Can constipation cause fever?

Hello, I had a bad bout of constipation 2 nights ago with 103.5 fever yesterday morning, chills, nausea the next morning. Since gone away. Could the constipation cause the fever? I now see red streaks in the back of my throat but it's not very sore and no swollen lymph glands. Are these likely to be related? Do the red streaks indicate an illness? Thanks!
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
yes constipation fever and sore throat can be related.
constipation and fever can happen due to bacterial infection of intestine.
While regurgitation of acid during constipation can cause redness in throat.
The best treatment for you would be a combination of antibiotics like ciprofloxacin and tinidazole.
let me know if you have any other doubts.
thank you