Stopped taking depo provera. Started leaking from breast. Is this normal?

I was wondering if i should go see my ob because my breast are leaking when i push on them what looks like colostrom. I havn't breast fed since my daughter was 2 weeks old she is now 2. i stopped taking depo provera shot in XXXXXXX of this year because my husband and i want another baby. Is this a normal symptom when you stop depo. i took a pregnancy test and it came back negative.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 35 minutes later
Milky discharge from the breasts occurs due to high prolactin levels.You need to get your prolactin levels and thyroid levels checked.Hyperprolactenemia is a common hormonal problem and easily be treated with medication.I suggest that you get your blood test done first,then further management will be advised.This isnt a symptom caused due to provera.