Stool had peanut like particles. What can they be?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
My poop today had a lot of what look like small pieces of peanuts in it. i did eat peanut butter this morning but it was creamy, not crunchy. what could this be?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later

As you have suggested in your history that you are a patient of hemorrhoids, what I presume is that you are also constipated.

Usually what you would have found in your stool would be undigested particles of food That may appear crunchy to you.

There is a possibility that you could be suffering from collitis in some form.

Please write back to me with a few more details regarding your problem so that I can guide you better. It would be great if you can answer these following questions.

1] Are you constipated?
2] Do you pass mucus in stool?
3] Do you have a sense of inadequate defecation after finishing your motion?
4] Do you have a sensation of passing stool, some time after major meals?
5] Does the consistency of your stool keep changing from hard to ill formed and otherwise?

Please do write back with answers so that I can suggest better.

Awaiting your response.