Stomach and breast bloating, painful breasts, headache, weight gain

For the past 2-3 months I've experienced Stomach and breast bloating. My breasts are painful. I have headaches and weight gain. My hormones are out of balance. I'm now having the same symptoms I had in peri-menopause, 3 years ago.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 39 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

There are a few questions I would need help with before I can comment on this further:

Can you please tell me what hormones are out of balance ? Has a test been done or is it just a subjective feeling?

Has a thyroid function test been done for you ?

As of now, do you have any other symptoms?

You said that your IBS symptoms started after your brother expired, since when you are having depressive or insomnia symptoms ?

Are you on any antidepressants now ?

Getting answers to these would help me answer better

I look forward to your reply
Follow-up: Stomach and breast bloating, painful breasts, headache, weight gain 2 days later
It's a subjective feeling concerning my hormones. I feel the same as when I went through peri-menopause 3 years ago. The symptoms subsided about 2 years ago and are now back. (headache, depression,bloating,nervousness.) The bloating is worse than it's ever been. (belly, breasts, and weight gain)

My thyroid is fine.

I am on anti-depressants. Wellbutrin, cymbalta and trazadone. I'm titrating off lamictal. I'm down to 50 mg per day. I've taken various anti-depressants for 20 years.

My main concern is the extreme bloating and weight gain. I've never had this before.
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 46 minutes later
Thanks for the clarification

The current symptoms that you are reporting, what I can guess, may be most likely the "residual symptoms of depression". However, at the same time as because now you are shifting from one to other drug, bloating of stomach may be because of this

Weight gain can occur in depression or because of the drugs you are on

In summary, I would say, keep patience, wait... till your drug titration is finished and I am sure you will feel better.

There is no reason why you should be worried.

Wish you good health and happiness