Stepped on fluorescent light, little bubbles on feet, itching. Treatment ?

i stepped on a fluorescent light 6 months ago and since then i have little bubbles on my foot that itch like crazy till you cut th bubble out .
can be the powder from the light
? and its getting bigger area
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 10 hours later

After going through the description provided by you and the duration, it sounds like Pompholyx.

Most of the times it is not related to any external factor.

I would like to know that do you mean to say some glass pierced your foot or was it just a contact.

Pompholyx is caused due to chemical sensitivity, fungal infection, excessive sweating and allergic reaction.

It would help me, if you could mail me your photo of the lesion. You can mail me to YYYY@YYYY with subject: ATTN Dr Gaurang Krishna and please do confirm by writing here about mailing the photo so as to reply to you at the earliest.

Please visit a Dermatologist for the treatment.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Follow-up: Stepped on fluorescent light, little bubbles on feet, itching. Treatment ? 12 hours later

I sent you an email with the pics as you requested
I was told by my dermatologist that it was the fragments of the light coming out but its been to long already and still the same.

It itch like crazy till you poke the bubble out a clear liquid come out and stop the itch .

I don’t know but its getting bigger and bigger

thanks, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 7 hours later

Thanks for the pics.

The lesion looks like Severe Endogenous Dermatitis ( Hypekeratotic Plantar Eczema).

I suggested pompholyx in my last reply.

But after seeing the pics, I do not think it is a possibility.

I am pretty sure, it has nothing to do with the light contact (unless fragments of glass pierced your skin..Did it happen?)

I would recommend using an ultrapotent corticosteroid cream after getting it prescribed by a dermatologist.

It would take a month for the problem to resolve.