Started taking the microlite pill and had upset stomach. Do I need to take extra precautions?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
pls help, i am taking the microlite pill and took my day 13 tablet yesterday at 5.30 pm, i had a little upset stomach about 11pm, thought initially diarrohea but just one instance and that was all, do i need to take extra precautions for remaining days or do i need to do anything else. i took all other tablets in the pack as normal
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 50 minutes later
Hi
If you vomited after taking the pill, then take an extra pill today, and continue the rest of the pills as usual.
With just diarrhoea, there is nothing to worry.
If this is your first cycle on the pill, then do use a backup method for this month, however if you have been on the pill regularly, you do not need to take any extra precautions.

Follow-up: Started taking the microlite pill and had upset stomach. Do I need to take extra precautions? 49 minutes later
this is my second month on the pill , is it still ok

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
In your second month, provided you used the pill quite consistently so far, you do not need any special extra precautions.