Started taking norethisterone. Experiencing pain in legs and joints. Easy way for cure?

May 2013
Since I started norethisterone I have being getting painfully ache legs and joints
my GP said she didn't think it was a side effect of the hormone. Can you help?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 36 minutes later

Usually norethisterone won't cause severe side effects.
But in people with hypertension, diabetes, family history of thrombosis, smokers, obesity etc. coagulation problems can occur.
So if you are having any of these risk factors better to be careful.
You once consult gynecologist and get examined to rule out the risk factors.
After that you can continue the pills with symptomatic treatment or can choose some other option.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.