Started homoeopathy medicines for hair fall. Suggest some permanent solution

Jul 2012

Hi Doc,

I'm having problem of hair fall since last about 1.5 years. Earlier my hairs were quite dense and strands were quite strong and thick. For the same I started taking Homeopathy medicines which helped me but only for the time when I was on medication. Seeing no permanent solution I stopped the medication after about 8 months. Currently my forehead portion has increased, my scalp is visible from outside and hairs have become week.
Kindly suggest some solution.
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX
Have you tried a new derivative of Minoxidil lotion called nanoxidil?
It is currently not available in india to the best of my knowledge & can be got on the net.
Do try it for 3-4 mths & then for best results go in for a hair transplantation surgery.
If you tell me which part of the world/India you are from, can suggest you where to go for the same.
Also for best results, one needs to see you in person & discuss various options & tailor it to suit your needs & financial capabilities & aspirations vis-a-vis hair groth.
Cheers & Good Luck!!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Follow-up: Started homoeopathy medicines for hair fall. Suggest some permanent solution 23 minutes later
Thanks for the answer XXXXXXX

Can you suggest me any marketed product of nanoxidil which I can get over net. Also is this product already tested for any kind of side effects?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 14 minutes later
2%, 5%, 10% minoxidil are common marketed products in the world & been around Regaine, Neoxidil, Rogaine, Hairgrow (lots of trade names).
Neoxidil is a new/recent developed molecule similar to but supposedly devoid of the side effects of minoxidil while retaining its beneficial effects...hence my suggestion.
Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD