Started heart palpitations and chest pain. Medical test fine. What to do?

I started out with heart palpitations and chest pain.
I've been to the ER twice last week, EKG, blood test came back fine.
I went to a doctor, ordered me an echocardiogram, still dont have the results.
I was feeling better but I've been having on & off gas, and around 4 today it got worse. I go to the bathroom frequently, my heart hurts on & off again, I dont have an appetite and overall feel like crap. I'm planning to see my doctor tomorrow again to figure this out. I have gas x, imodium and clonazepam in front of me and I don't know what to do, I just want to get better. Do you know what this is? Please help
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The symptoms you have mentioned may be associated with heart disease but at your age chances are low. Now that ECG and Echo are both normal, that is ruled out.
Acidity and gas may be the reason and are quite common. Have you recently been under too much stress? This can also cause these symptoms.
The probability of harbouring any serious disease is pretty low.
I am sure you will get better. You can take gas x and clonazepam to feel better.

Hope I have answered you query. I will be available for further follow up queries, if any.
Best wishes.
Follow-up: Started heart palpitations and chest pain. Medical test fine. What to do? 20 hours later

Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it. My doctor put me on dicyclomine today. It says to take it 4 times a day which really sounds like a lot (I'm small, 100lbs). I might try it 3 times a day before I eat. Do you think this was the correct medicine right now?

I've felt fine all day, its only in the evenings that I feel more gasey, not much of an appetite and overall kind of achey.

Also, do you think this will go away and I can try to get off the medicine in a week or so?

Thank you,
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 4 hours later

Dicylomine is a good drug but you can certainly try it thrice daily and get off from it in a week or so.

The very fact that you are fine all day and these kind of symptoms start in the evening makes me feel that it may all be stress related.

Best wishes.