Started B12 injections and had numbness, tingling in feet and hands, staggering and sleeping difficulty. Suggest?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I just started a series of B12 injections because my blood test was 346 and my symptoms were numbness, tingling in my feet and hands; staggering; difficulty sleeping; diarrhea. The nurse told me I should start feeling better within 24 hours of the 1st injection, but I don't; in fact I'm feeling worse.
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would suggest you that you should wait for few more doses for the effect of the medicine to appear.

I would also suggest that you should also get your blood tested for :-
1. Thyroid profile.
2. Vitamin D3 levels.

You can consult with your treating doctor for clinical evaluation.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.

Regards. Thanks.