Soreness and mild swelling on the nose after injury. Feeling a lump. Bleeding from nose. Advice?

Hi, I've been attacked and unfortunately hit in the nose. My whole nose is sore both inside and out. Not much swelling, only a little on the side that the punch come from and from the bridge of my nose to the side there has developed a slight lump (only by feel, cannot see). Am I ok just to keep icing it and all should be good? I'm also experiencing a lot of "bubble effects" in my nose and blew out more blood this morning (not much though). Thanks guys x
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
A person with a nose injury has damage to a structure in the nose, caused by an injury. A nasal injury may involve a facial contusion, facial fracture, nosebleed, or nasal bone fracture
Symptoms of a nose injury include facial bruise, nosebleed, facial pain, facial swelling, facial tenderness, a deformed nose, and inability to breathe normally through the nose.
Since you don't have any deformed nose or any facial fracture or there is no problem in your breathing,it means it is not serious and should be all right soon with cold compress and Bleeding from nose is very minor and nothing specific is to be done.
However if the bleeding from nose increases or you feel some deformity on nose,you must visit ER,although chances for that look very remote.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Soreness and mild swelling on the nose after injury. Feeling a lump. Bleeding from nose. Advice? 17 minutes later
Fantastic, appreciate your help, thank you :)
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 24 minutes later
You are most welcome to ask Any query any time.