Something stuck in throat. Drank a bottle of water and extremely painful in chest. Teeth are hurting badly. Suggest remedy?

General Surgeon
It feels like there s something stuck in my throat or more like my upper chest. Almost like a pill. It has been like this for several hours and recently I just drank an entire bottle of water to see if I could "push" it down. It seemed to feel better at first, but now it is just as uncomfortable. When I drink it goes down fine, but it is extremely painful in my chest (almost between my chest bone). It hurts to touch my throat but it is not swollen. Also when I take a deep breath or tilt my head up the pain increases. I can feel it constantly but these situations make it worse. I also have realized that my teeth are hurting very badly as if I could (unknowingly) be clenching them.
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to acid reflux

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting in XXXXXXX

In acid reflux,the stomach contents move up and cause irritation in the neck and throat causing these symptoms.Rabeprazole with Itopride tablet and Sucralfate with oxetacaine syrup will help as i prescribe them to my patients.

IF there is no response,then infection of the pharynx and surrounding structures has to be excluded.Then,you should take Antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicine with the consultation of your doctor.

Regarding teeth complaints,it looks like the outer layer,i.e.,enamel has been lost.
Please consult a Dentist for the diagnosis and treatment.

Hope i answered your query.

If you have any questions,i will clarify further.

Wish you good health.