Slipped on ice and got head injury. Started getting metallic taste, no blurred vision or nausea. Worrisome

I hit the back of my head when I slipped on ice today around 5. It hurt and I immediately felt a metallic taste in y mouth. I have no blurred vision, nausea, trouble balancing or memory impairment. I have a bit of a headache and my neck
Is a bit stiff because that's what hit first but other then that nothin. I have general anxiety disorder so I don't know if that is making me feel worse. Am I slowly bleeding to death? I am in the middle of the woods and can't get to a hospital.
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 16 minutes later
Hello sir,

Thanks for posting this query in HCM

Let me tell you that the severity of brain injury in a patient with trauma/fall etc can be judged based upon the presence or absence of certain symptoms. These symptoms may include vomiting, loss of consciousness, convulsion, bleeding from nose/ear, weakness of legs, hands, balance problem etc.
Some of these symptoms that you have mentioned are absent in your case.
In the absence of these symptoms, the chance of having a serious brain injury is very unlikely; though cannot be definitely excluded.
Further, I assure you that you don’t have major brain injury based upon the data posted. So, I request you not to be worried at all.
You have the following two options
1. As the chance of having a serious injury is less likely in you; I will advise you to relax, take simple analgesics and observe. If the headache worsens or you develop new symptoms, you may go to a local neurologist for evaluation and treatment
2. The other option; as you are too stressed; you can directly visit a neurologist and get a brain scan done and rule out any brain problem. The normal scan will; further reassure you. If the scan shows any problem, your doctor will guide you accordingly.
There is nothing to worry in your case
Hope this clarifies

Dr Gopal K Dash