Side of labia minora is swollen and feels like hard mass. Cause?

The left side of my libia minora has swollen and feels like a hard mass. It started 3 days ago and has become worse. Yesterday evening I began plsce a heating pad in between myb legs and later it began to I guess burst. What else can I do to mske it better?
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

You may had a cyst in that location, like a Bartholins cyst or a gartners duct cyst.
It may have become hard due to pus formation and infection.

If it has burst due to heat application, then the pus will drain out. Keep applying heat or seitz bath with betadine. You should also take a course of antibiotics to prevent re-infection.
Dont apply any ointment on the area. Just water.

Please note, that these cysts have a tendency to recur and may need surgery if conservative treatment fails.