Should thyroid be checked for headaches, hot flushes, tiredness and irritability?

Hi, I'm 48, last year had a hysterectomy, I'm always tired, irritable, cannot concentrate, get headaches and have gained 10kg. Do get hot flushes. Suffered from low thyroid function in the past but have not been taking my thyroxin for prob 8 years. Do you think all my symptoms are simple menopause, if so how could they be better controlled, should I get my thyroid rechecked? I reside in Australian remote outback, hence extremely difficult to get medical assistance. Closest town 7 hr drive each way
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: get thyroid rechecked Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing www WWW.WWWW.WW All these symptoms can be due to menopause , Depression or Thyroid problem. Please get Thyroid functions rechecked Get Hamilton's Anxiety Rating Scale and Hamilton's depression Rating scales from net and screen yourself. If your score on either of these two scales is significant, you will need appropriate medicine. Get Serum E2 level If less than 30 , may need HRT Any more query is welcome. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA