Should i be concerned over itching at the end of penis inspite of having unprotected sex?

Question
Hi I had protected sex with a canadian, commercial sex worker. I have had a slight itch at the end of my penis since 1 days after the encounter. I have had this problem before without the sex. I have no other symptoms is there cause for alarm?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing to be concerned. Take Cetrizine and wait Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. No. It suspect it to be irritation to soap,condoms etc. Now just take Antihistamines like Cetrizine twice daily. You can wait for 3 or more days. If there is any discharge or rashes in tip of penis, then it is alarming for any thrush or other Sexually Transmitted Infections. Now nothing to concerned about this itch. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: Should i be concerned over itching at the end of penis inspite of having unprotected sex? 6 minutes later
the only detail that would concern me is the condom became loose at one point during intercourse slipped a bit, but then she kept it extended up my shaft with her hand. any further reason for concern?

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 3 hours later
Brief Answer: No. Wait and watch as well as take Cetrizine. Detailed Answer: Hello, No. It thing you do not had any direct contact with her vagina, thus it might not increase the risk of STI. You do not need to concern too much about that condom slip during protected intercourse. My suggestion is wait for few days as i mentioned earlier for any discharge or rashes. Till then take Cetrizine twice daily for itching. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.