Should I stop exercising till my heat rash goes away?

I have a heat rash (prickly heat) on my abdomen. I am an avid exerciser and I sweat a lot. Do I have to stop working out until the rash goes away?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 45 minutes later

Thank you for the query,

Prickly heat (MILIARIA ,as it is medically known), is because of excess sweating and heat .If you are getting red colored tiny rashes then it is called Miliaria rubra.This is the way it initially starts .And later if sever, it may turn in to the pustular variety called Miliaria pustulosa. This may hurt and take long time to heal.
So it is better that you avoid heat and exercise for some time till it goes away.

There are no specific medicines for prickly heat ,except cool environment calamine lotion & anti histaminics if there is any itching,apart from the prickly heat powders .

Hope this answers your query,if you have any further questions,you can write back to us.I'll be available for follow up questions as well.