Severe stomach pain. Am I just dehydrated? How to help myself?

I was just in the ER on Tuesday night I know for sure I am dehydrated but have severe stomach pain on my right side and no one is helping me I am really not feeling well and am starting to get really mad because no one can figure out what is going on
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be having severe right sided abdominal pain of recent onset.

2. Some common causes of right sided abdominal pain are as follows:
Biliary colic or Gallstones
Cholecystitis or inflammation of the gallbladder
Duodenal ulcers
Kidney Stones / ureteric stones
Ovarian cyst
Ectopic pregnancy
Pulled muscle
Trapped wind

3. Thus you need to get yourself clinically evaluated and examined to come at the cause of your problem.

4. A basic approach would involve getting yourself clinically examined by your physician/ surgeon, get investigated (abdominal x-ray pa view standing, ultrasonography of abdomen and pelvis, urine examination (more important if you have increased pain during urination), blood examination) and get treated accordingly.

5. Thus you need to visit a surgeon as early as possible/ get yourself properly evaluated in the emergency room.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra