Severe pain and swelling in the leg after injury, difficulty in sitting and sleeping

i have a sharp pain in my XXXXXXX after a kick to it
some swelling no pain when walking but a sharp pain while sitting or sleeping
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Radhika 19 minutes later

You have swelling in your XXXXXXX with pain and discomfort while sitting or sleeping. – The symptoms could be inflammatory response to the injury.

You will need to apply ice or heat compresses immediately over the area to prevent further increase in swelling. Keep your leg raised and apply over 5 to 6 times. Apply a crepe bandage. Antiinflammatory drugs like Tylenol pain relief or advil twice a day might be helpful.

If the discomfort increases or if you feel the pain is unbearable you will need to do an X-ray to rule out possible hair line fracture and examination by an Orthopedician.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Wish you good health.