Severe cold and fever after delivery. How to overcome this problem?

Hi I just gave a birth 5days ago . From the third days I got home I was shaking cold with teeth chilling I can't talk .. Can't walk or moving on the bed ... I was roll underneath by 2 blanket but it's still freezing cold... At midnight I can't left my son 5 years old and newborn to go to ER ... So I was taking iron the one that I ve taken during my prenancy .. Then I fell at sleep and wake up with high fever I think it cause because I was roll in two blanket and heat padding ... The fever was gone after 1 hour... I don't know what I should do now because if I go out side or toucing water ill end up with freezing, please help I always be alone in house.. Lucky me that 3 times i got freezing my family were around ... But if not i thinking Would death because of cold and shaking
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
its important to take your temperature to actually to ascertain actual body temperature. Post partum fever needs investigation because it could be due to most of the time a post partum endometritis. Also, you must ensure that the baby s temperature is ok. Monitor his temperature, whether he feeds well, whether he vomits and his general outlook.
You must keep yourself and the baby very very warm.
I would advise you stay very warm and XXXXXXX your gynecologist/obstetrician for reevaluation and advice.
I pray this helps, will be honored answering further questions if you have any other worries.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.