Severe carpal pain at left hand wrist. Took caremox and oltripsin. Cure?

dear doctor, i have been suffering from severe carpal pain at left hand wrist from last two days. The pain is increasing, when giving movements to wrist. my doctor prescribed antibiotics like caremox ag 625 and oltripsin d. So, could you give some suggestion to get relief from pain.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
steroid injection .

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well since you are suffering from rheumatologist about the option of injecting a small amount of steroid in your hand which will relieve the pain .

The definite treatment for this problem is surgical approach but that is for you and your treating doctor to decide .

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Severe carpal pain at left hand wrist. Took caremox and oltripsin. Cure? 29 minutes later
Thank u doctor, for ur kind reply.
I would like to know about carpal tunnel syndrome. If it is carpal tunnel syndrome, what would be reason for this. I didn't get any injury recently and i won't use my left hand much for typing and i am not getting pain at my fingers and along median nerve. The pain only situated at right carpal side of left hand. Is there any chance of bite?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be arthritis also.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir ,

I explained about carpal tunnel as I interpreted from your question that you are already diagnosed with it . Any ways since you have pain in just one carpal joint it can be a sign of arthritis also since there is no history of injury . An infection of joint also may result in this .

I would advise you to continue with medications prescribed . Because examination of joint is necessary to reach to a diagnosis , I would suggest you to follow your treating doctor as he has thought it to be infective after examining the joint and he is the best judge .A CBC, ESR , CRP should be done to find out the cause.

Dr. Shruti