Scanty menstruation, abdominal pain during periods. HCG negative. Done ultrasound.

General Surgeon
i am having scanty mensturation for 2 months and during mentturatuion i got severe pain in my lower abdomen, i went to Dr. for check-up and advised mr to do u.s.g. of pelvis, urine for H.C.G - HCG - negative. i am a mother of one child, age 5 and half years old
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later
Thanks for nice query.     

Scanty menstruation can be due to many reasons.

Your urine HCG test is negative that rules out pregnancy as the cause in some patients.

Ultrasound pelvis is rightly advised by your Doctor as will help in making the diagnosis and planning treatment .

Some times hormonal imbalance also causes the scanty menstruation.

So it is better to follow the advise of examining doctor.

Scanty menstruation can occur any time, in any women`s life, even years after the birth of child.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”.