Scab on anus bleeds while having bowel movement. What cure should be done?

Sep 2012

when I have a bowel movement, the stool removes an XXXXXXX scab to cause bleeding. How can I avoid removing the scab so that the scabbed area will heal? More details below in Med history.
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 33 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, you have a history of XXXXXXX hemorrhoid. It has not cured completely. So, scab formation will not help in healing. Because the basic problem in hemorrhoid is the dilatation of blood vessels which becomes swelled and then bleed.

I mean to say that you will face this problem till the primary lesion is cured. So, you should keep following up with your treating doctor. You should consult about the surgical interventions appropriate for this condition. Surgical intervention will give the fastest cure.

In hemorrhoids, there is no condition like 'almost healed up'. In your case, surgical intervention is really necessary.

Now, for the present situation, you just have to take care to prevent constipation. For that, you can take a high fiber diet. XXXXXXX leafy vegetables are also helpful. Continue the stool softener. If required, the dose should be increased.

Lastly, consult with your treating doctor for the surgical intervention.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Follow-up: Scab on anus bleeds while having bowel movement. What cure should be done? 1 hour later
Thanks for your help. I will follow up with my surgeon.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 3 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Ok, you should follow up with your surgeon.

If you do not have any more question, you can close this discussion.

Rating and review given by you will be appreciated.