Rib pain, hurts to move, have to take short breaths. Related to working long hours?

I feel a pain inside my ribs, like a bubble when I breath, when i move it hurts, I have to take short breaths, when somebody tochs my back, hurts inside my ribs, could you let me know what it is? It did start to hurt after a working 2 days ago, I was lay down and working with my hands for like 6 hours, is it related?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand your pain during breathing is of concern.

Yes, I am afraid to think, but your work out would have brought on this situation. The first doubt that I have is that one of your ribs might have sustained an injury - hence any breathing/movement is being desisted at this moment.

You can take pain killers like tylenolol and also use hot water bag to the area of pain.

You would need a check up now, and an X-ray to visualize this better apart from a clinical exam.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.