Regular marijuana smoker. Having headache after concussion. Should I be concerned?
User rating for this question
I got a concussion last week, and my symptoms have gradually subsided. I am still having headaches though, and plan on going to a neuologist just to be safe. I am a regular marijuana smoker, and have been smoking the past week. It really helps my symptoms when I do. Do you think it is XXXXXXX to smoke marijuana with post-concussion syndrome?
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, thank for asking. It is a very good question. Although you have headaches and marijuana subsides it, it is absolutely better not to use it. Headache after concussion is a part of post trauma symptoms and should be taken seriously. Any possible injury or using any thing that can affect the brain in a not normal way should be avoided. Otherwise it can cause second impact syndrome. Its harm for the brain is several times more than the first concussion and should be avoided. If you have headaches, the doctor can prescribe a medication after asking about the full symptoms for. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Headaches after concussion
- Headache nausea eyes and neck hurt
- Is lower back pain a side effect of lovenox?
- Intermittent headaches after concussion
- Sweating eyes hurt headache
- Eyes hurt headache tired vominiting
- Marijuana brain bleed concussion
- Marijuana after concussion negative effects
- Sunken eyes hurt headache
- Headache when wake up stuffy eyes hurt
- Is sweating a side effect of mefenamic acid?
- Is blurred vision a side effect of levaquin?
- Is diarrhea a side effect of metoclopramide?
- Smoking marijuana with a concussion danger
- Is diarrhea a side effect of lo loestrin fe?