Recovery period for a concussion?

how soon after a concussion can I ride a roller coaster. The concussion was Oct 19th, the symptoms went away by Oct 25. I had some slight dizziness this past Saturday but not sure why, did not last but a few hours.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 56 minutes later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will try to provide me with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

From the question you submitted it seems that you have suffered a concussion. It is very likely that the concussion you suffered it is a very mild one. But we need to take this very very seriously. I understand that you have underwent a complete recovery with no real residual symptoms right now.

As far as riding a roller coaster I would wait at least eight weeks from the concussion before considering riding one of these amusement rides. I understand this may be frustrating if you want to attend any amusement park in the near future but I really think you should be extremely cautious and conservative at this point.

I recommend that you consider seeing your primary care doctor for a follow up visit in the next couple of months to reassess how you're doing. Most people recover from concussion injuries without any residual deficits. I am sure you will also have a complete recovery as well.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert