Recovering from drug abuse. Prescribed with Adderall. Is it safe to take Oxyelite pro?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Yes please.

My 19 year old son just returned from a drug rehab facility. He is presently taking prescribed Adderal and I would like to know how safe it is for him to start also taking Oxyelite Pro. Thank you!
What should our concerns be, if there are any?
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Adderall given for ADHD already has an appetite suppressing effect. Also, it has got a stimulant effect on the heart thus increasing the blood pressure and heart rate. Such drugs should not be combined with oxy elite pro.
Looking at the contents of oxylite pro powder, it contains 1, 3 dimethylaamylamine. The results of a recent trial in December 2011 indicated that it "may assist in weight and body fat loss in a sample of exercise-trained men and women". Also the other ingredient is caffeine. It also contains some herbal extracts.
It increases the anxiety and produces cardiac side effects in patients of depression. So, it is not advisable for use in patients with psychiatric or cardiac problems or in patients taking drugs like adderall.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.