Rashes on arms that bleed. Medical cure for this?

Oct 2013

I have a rash on my arms. They are pin prick size spots that bleed. I rub them off but the blood comes back.

Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it can be petechiae.

Detailed Answer:
hello dear
thanks for your query at XXXXXXX
pin prick size spots can be due to petechiae.
Pinpoint flat round red spots under the skin surface caused by intradermal hemorrhage (bleeding into the skin). Petechiae are red because they contain red blood that has leaked from the capillaries into the skin. Petechiae are quite tiny (less than 3 millimeters in diameter) and do not blanch when pressed upon.

There are many conditions in which petechiae may be seen. These conditions range from very minor to very major. The common causes of petechiae include local injury and trauma, allergic reactions, autoimmune diseases, viral infections that impair blood coagulation (clotting), thrombocythemia (an abnormally high platelet level), certain medical treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura(ITP), leukemia and other bone marrow malignancies that may lower the number of platelets, and sepsis (bloodstream infection).
i cannot comment further without having look at the spots.
please upload picture and medical and family history so that i can have look at it and advice further investigation and management
till then get one complete blood picture with platelet counts done.
you can ask me query in follow up question
or direct question at
WWW.WWWW.WW regards