Ran in the morning, feeling chill and sick in stomach. Feeling dizzy and shaky. Eyes are black. Treatment?

General Surgeon
My husband ran this morning and through out the day he became more and more sick, he has the chills, sick to his stomach, he dizzy as time goes on he he get the chills and then he gets hot, he gets shakey, he is so figtiged their is always a blank look in his eyes. He has a lot more symtoms. They wanted him to go to the ER. We did not go so I am writing you. Hopefully to get soom answers. XXXXXXX seems to be OK right now, it comes and goes. I can tell when he is sick his eyes are all black and sucken in.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
He might have exhauseted due to running

Detailed Answer:
I saw his pics.
In the second pic,he is excessively sweating due to running.
The same thing might have happened today.

Due to loss of electrolytes and blood glucose, there will symptoms that you have mentioned.
Please give him rest.
I ask my patients to take Glucose, Electrolyte powder solution (e.g, gatorade) with similar complaints.

Some may require Rabeprazole tablet for stomach pain.
As he is 56, it is also worthwhile to consult your physician and get some routine tests done.

If you have any queries, I will clarify further
Wish him speedy recovery