Prescribed Nexito for anxiety. Taken overdose, have fatigue, unable to move lips or blink. Temporary side effect?

Question
I am 30 years old male.

I have been undergoing the treatment for anxity disorder and have been subscribed to use Nexito 10 MG from last 6 years. 3 days ago I took this tablet twise at a time by mistake. From the next day I started feeling fatigue on my right side of the face. My right side of the lips are not moving much when am trying to. I'm not able to smile very well. I'm not able to blink very well from my right eye, neither i am able to chew something well from my right side. I am affraid, is this side effect temporary? Should I continue the tablet or not? I am out of my city, hence unable to reach my psychiatrist for 4 more days.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 6 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
NEXITO is a brand of escitalopram. For anxiety it is started as 10 mg once daily, increased if necessary to maximum dose of 20 mg daily.
Generalized fatigue is one of the side effect, i think it is responsible for your other symptom. Presently i advice you to take the dose as prescribed and i advice yopu to be careful while taking the medication.
I also advice you to see consulting psychiatrist when you reach your place and brief him about your symptoms.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Prescribed Nexito for anxiety. Taken overdose, have fatigue, unable to move lips or blink. Temporary side effect? 4 hours later
I want to know whether the sympton shown (numbness in my right side of the face) is temporary or permanent?

If it is temporary, within how many days will I be normal?

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 38 minutes later
Hello
Good to hear from you.

The symptoms which you have mentioned, should improve with time. But it need to be examined to rule any other reason for which you are suffering from this symptom. So i advice you to XXXXXXX the consulting doctor on reaching.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Prescribed Nexito for anxiety. Taken overdose, have fatigue, unable to move lips or blink. Temporary side effect? 1 hour later
here are my questions for which i want answers
1) These symptoms are not permanent right?
2) Usually how much time it takes for these symptoms to go away
3) Should I stop taking Nexito for few days for these symptoms to go away?

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 13 minutes later
Hello
Good to hear from you.
These symptoms mentioned appears to be temporary. It should decreases within week. I advice you to take the medication as prescribed by the consulting doctor, as i can not advice you to alter them without examining you and it is not ethical also. I also advice you to see doctor when you reach your place.
Wish you good health.