Experiencing extreme fatigue, headache and feeling sick. Suggest medication?

I have been experiencing extreme fatigue with 8 or more good hours of sleep per night. I'm having difficulty retaining new information. I'm having daily headaches. I eat and feel sick afterwards. I do not drink alcohol and have about 2 cups of coffee per day. Any type of medication makes me extremely tired. I just don't feel right.
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to a viral syndrome.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Everything you describe here sounds like most likely a benign type of viral syndrome. Viruses in the environment are common and when we are exposed to them they can sometimes trigger a constellation of symptoms including fatigue, lymph gland swelling, headache, nausea, etc.

These types of viral syndromes typically last from as little as 3 days up to sometimes 4 to 6 weeks. I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets.

I expect your symptoms to gradually level off and improve over the next week or two. In the event that this does not occur, I suggest you visit with your primary physician for a complete physical exam and possibly some blood work as well. In the meantime, try not to worry about this and focus on maintaining good health as I have recommended with diet, fluid intake and exercise as well as adequate sleep (7-9 hours per night).

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.