Told that suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and there is no cure. Suggest?

Question
Hi, I have been told that I am suffering from ME/CFs and that there is no cure.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chronic condition

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking.

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is the common name for a group of significantly debilitating medical conditions characterized by persistent fatigue and other specific symptoms that lasts for a minimum of six months in adults.

The fatigue is not due to exertion, not significantly relieved by rest, and is not caused by other medical conditions.

The majority of CFS cases start suddenly,usually accompanied by a "flu-like illness" while a significant proportion of cases begin within several months of severe adverse stress.

There are no characteristic laboratory abnormalities to diagnose CFS, so testing is used to rule out other potential causes for symptoms.When symptoms are attributable to certain other conditions, the diagnosis of CFS is excluded.

There are no characteristic laboratory abnormalities to diagnose CFS, so testing is used to rule out other potential causes for symptoms.

Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and graded exercise therapy (GET) have shown moderate effectiveness for many people.

Thanks.

Please let me know if you need more information.