Pregnant feeling like baby is shivering in womb. Is that normal?

i'm 37 week pregnant. suddenly from today i'm feeling like my baby is shivering in womb. so i just want to know that is it normal at this stage?
all my previous scan reports are 100% normal
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 15 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

This is actually not such an unusual report- I have heard it many times before. In all cases, my patients have delivered healthy children. Often the concern is that the fetus is having 'seizures', but this would be extremely rare and unusual. I usually tell patients that in any two hour window, they should be able to feel the baby move. These movements are different near your due date but even a sense that the fetus is 'shivering' counts as movement. Nonetheless, given that this is a change for you, I would contact your doctor in the morning and asked to be seen. You should be placed on a monitor to make sure that the fetal heart rate is normal. This is an excellent screen for fetal well being!

I hope that this helps and good luck!