Pregnant and suffering from cold and headache. What is the remedy?
User rating for this question
Hi Doctor, I am 23weeks pregnant. from yesterday I caught cold, nose block mostly accompanied by bodyache. except resting in bed, could you please suggest me any other remedy?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: avoid cold exposure and conservative treatment Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. The runny nose, sneezing and congestion are indicative of upper respiratory tract infection. In this changing season the cause is most likely viral so treatment with antibiotics is not needed but you should do sAline gargles. To make a good warm saline preparation you should add 5 grams table salt to 250 ml of water and make it XXXXXXX warm. Then do gargles after every meal or after you eat anything during day time. Cover yourself with sufficient warm clothes all the time and avoid open cold air exposer. If the problem still persists then you can take low doses of decongestant medicines like half tablet of Sinarest as required for congestion. You should also consult a local physician for a local physical examination of your throat. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.
People also viewed
- Cold remedies for pregnant women
- Can a pinched nerve caize breathing problems
- Woke up with swollen lip corner bottom
- Barley during first trimester
- Can pregnant woman drink barley water
- Suggest remedy for headache and cold
- Got cold and headache looking for remedy
- Barley drink safe pregnancy
- Bullous pemphigoid breathing exercise
- Toddler breath smells of rotton eggs burping
- What is the remedy for cold with slight frontal headache
- Lax cardia shortness of breath
- Barley water safe for pregnancy
- Pregnant suffering from dry cold any remedies
- Is barley green safe for pregnant lady