Pregnant. Done with scan. One week difference of gestational age. Chances of miscarriage?

Mar 2016

Hi, I'm 8 weeks, 3 days pregnant according to my lmp. Had early scan last week (7 weeks, 6 days) when I was told baby was measuring 6 weeks, 6 days, crown rump length 9.3mm, clear heartbeat. My concern is difference in dates as my cycle is extremely regular 28 days and I am certain that I conceived on day 14, was charting also. I am very worried re possible outcome of pregnancy, is baby failing to grow properly, is miscarriage likely etc..? Have repeat scan in 2 weeks time when I will be 10 weeks, 3 days according to my own dates
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 55 minutes later

One week difference of gestational age in between original LMP (Last Menstrual Period) and ultrasound scan (USG) is considered as normal thing. As Crown Lump Length (CRL) and fetal heart beat are quite good, then you have nothing to worry and you are carrying a healthy pregnancy.

Ultrasound scan gives an overview of fetal maturity at the time of scanning and it may not correspond with your actual LMP. So, don't be worried. You should continue to take prescribed medication like progesterone, vitamin & folic acid supplements etc in the first trimester.

You should take healthy protein XXXXXXX diet (extra 350 kcal/ day than usual), drink plenty of fluids or water, take adequate bed rest with total avoiding heavy work/ long journey/ steeping uneven surface/ high heal shoe, maintain genital hygiene properly etc.

Hope, this information is quite helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & successful motherhood. Do periodic check up with scheduled ultrasound scan to your doctor for better assessment of fetal well being.

Dr Soumen