Periodic pain in the upper back of leg. Reason?

I have periodic pain in the upper back of my leg
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibilities enlisted

Detailed Answer:

The periodic pain in the upper back of your leg could be possibly due to two reasons.

1. It could be sciatica - it is a nerve pain. You would benefit by taking nerve supplements in the form of methylcobalamine. Neurobion forte is one such brand name of the medicine. You could take it on a daily basis to improve the nerve strength.

2. It could be due to you being overweight. You would benefit by reducing your weight by a few stones.

3. Least likely is Osteoarthritis of your hipbone, going by your age of 65. You could take simple calcium supplements for this.

Your problem is not a significant medical concern for you to be worried. Please do continue to do the walking.

This is broad possibilities of your problem. Hope it answers your question. Let me know if you have more queries.