Penis pain during urination, prescribed Tryptomar. Will this medication solve the problem?

Hello Doctor,

I am having pain around the penis while i am urinating. I consulted with the urologist and he did all the basic tests. Every thing is normal and now he identified an inflammation on the tip of my penis. He suggested me tryptomar 10 MG for 1 month. This tryptomar is good for this kind of issues. I heard this medicine is for Migrane and depresion issues. Can i take this medicine for one moth. Can this tryptomar can resolve the problem. I started sitting in the warm water today onwards as suggested by the doctor
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Tryptomer is not a bad choice, in the context of a pain in genital area where all the basic investigations are normal, and in fact we do give it for a variety of indications, and not necessarily only depression and migraine problems.
There is no 100% guarantee it will work, but in view of the fact that it had been prescribed by a urologist who did a physical examination on you, who found no major problem, there should be no harm in trying it.
You should have no issue with use for one month: most users need to use for longer periods. It is a reasonably safe drug - one issue can be daytime sedation which usually is more severe with the 25 mg dose, which actually works better.
Sitz baths in a tub usually are helpful, as are other relaxation techniques - like yoga, tai chi for example.
Regards and best wishes.
Follow-up: Penis pain during urination, prescribed Tryptomar. Will this medication solve the problem? 13 minutes later
Dear Sir,

One more thing i noticed yesterday and today. I tried to do some kind of sexual excercise. Unfortunately, i found my penis are not becoming stiff. It is coming stiff and going down soon. Will that any kind of relation with this pain. Doctor who examined me said, there is no issue apart from the inflammation. Please advise
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 45 minutes later
I would agree with your doctor. There is no relation to your pain and reduced erection stiffness. If you are stressed for some reason, these can happen. So please see if there is any inciting factor for tension and stress, and thus find a way if you can avoid it.