Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis looks really wrinkled on the underside of it and has small skin coloured dots. What is it?

Question
My penis looks really wrinkled on the underside of it and has small skin colored dots that look like they can be pulled off but cant. Not sure what it is? I'm not sure if its an std or just the way it looks.

Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 15 minutes later
Dear patient,

Thanks for the photograph. The wrinkles are normal aspect of penile skin when not erect; however, the flesh colored dots are concerning for a condition called molluscum contagiossum, which is caused by a virus, usually sexually transmitted. It is totally benign, but the problem is that lesions can grow in number. Cryotherapy, curettage and topical creams are available. A dermatologist could provide all these options.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN

Follow-up: Penis looks really wrinkled on the underside of it and has small skin coloured dots. What is it? 20 minutes later
So do you recommend that I get it taken care of or is it non threatening? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 4 hours later
for both your safety and your sexual partners you should go ahead and take care of it because lesions can be contagious and can multiply

yours truly