Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis injury after using sex toy, blood flow limited, cannot get full erection, no pain during urination.

Pulmonologist
Question
I have a problem..i was using a pocket vagina sex toy on sunday night and when i took it out after i ejaculated the top half of my penis was bent foward and now im not getting erections as hard and the blood flow to my penis seems to be limited i cant get a full erection anymore..i dont feel pain though and am peeing fine.I even masturbated monday to see if i can ejaculated and i did but it was very hard to keep a erection and my penis goes soft very quick
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 3 hours later

Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to have suffered from penile muscle injury after the episode of masturbation.

2. Most of such injuries heal by themselves over time.

3. The precaution that you need to take is to prevent any further episode of trauma to your penis atleast for a period of 2 weeks and thus give it rest and time to heal the injury.

4. You are not having any episode of any abnormal discharge or bleeding through your penis nor do you have any associated pain. This is a good sign that the injury seems to be a minor one.

5. I would also recommend you to visit a urologist who can locally examine it and rule out any major injury considering the initial episode of trauma and the current problem with erection.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB

Follow-up: Penis injury after using sex toy, blood flow limited, cannot get full erection, no pain during urination. 19 hours later
Im going to the urologist on Tuesday.The only thing taht hurts me is my testicals alittle and a strain above my penis where my pubes are.There is also a bruise in teh middle of my penis where it was bended...looks alittle black n blue,I couldnt even get a erection yesterday when i started too it went soft

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 12 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

After going through your follow up history, I would like to comment the following:

1. There seems to be a traumatic muscular injury of the penis shaft.

2. You need to avoid masturbation strictly till you visit your urologist.

3. You need to visit your urologist definitely & earlier if possible.

4. Meanwhile for the pain you can take an analgesic under prescription from your physician.

Take care and Regards,

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB

Follow-up: Penis injury after using sex toy, blood flow limited, cannot get full erection, no pain during urination. 4 hours later
Yes Iam not masturbating.Its not tissue damage is it???Will I need surgery?

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 29 minutes later

Thanks again for the follow up.

I would like to comment the following in response to your follow up query:

1. Yours seem to be a traumatic injury to penile muscle (it means tissue damage) but most of such injuries (in absence of complications like urethral injury or hematoma formation) heal by themselves. It does not seem to be the more severe penile fracture which is an injury caused by the rupture of the tunica albuginea, which envelops the corpus cavernosum muscle of the penis.

2. Thus an assessment by a urologist will actually determine the severity of the traumatic injury. The earlier the assessment the more better it would be.

3. Surgery is required for severe cases with urethral injury, hematoma formation, severe pain or severe postural disabilty in the penis. In your case no such symptoms are present hence the likelihood of surgery is less at present. However the decision of the Urologist will be finalised after clinical examination and investigations as required.

Take care and Regards,

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB