Pain in the buttocks. Taking Etioricoxib. Any side effects? Elevated blood pressure

I m having pain in buttocks and having a etioricoxib [etrobax120] gives me a good immediate relief. I m using around 1 or 2 tablets for a week. on long run will it have series side effects? Kindly advice me..
Other details: Age = 37. Was smoking almost 10 to 15 cigarettes per day from age of 18 to 27. For past 10 yrs have quit smoking completely. BP levels are 150/100. Height 168cms - wt 80kg..
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

There are numerous side effects of etoricoxib seen in long term users.Commonest amongst are Gastrointestinal disturbances like peptic ulcer, abdominal pain, diarrhea, gas, indigestion and nausea.Also it affects other systems like kidneys and heart.Can cause raise in Blood pressure and resistant headache.

1 to 2 tablets is not harmful but to avoid taking it regularly is a better option.

Apply Diclofenac gel over the affected area whenever you have pain.Take etoricoxib only when the pain is severe.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.