Pain in legs below knee area on running. Reason?

feel pain whenever run in the legs specially elow the knee area
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 1 hour later

I understand your concern. But to help you better I would like to know further details about your difficulty. It would be easier if you could help me by answering the following questions.
1. Since when are you having this problem?
2. Did you consult an Orthopedic Surgeon after you had this problem?
3. Was any investigations such as Serum Calcium been done?
4. Was an X-ray of the legs taken?
5. Are you on any nutritional supplements such as Calcium?

The pain may occur due to lower levels of calcium. This may cause frequent muscular aching. To know the exact situation at present, you will need to go for an x-ray of legs along with estimation of Serum calcium levels. Once these are ruled out, further evaluations can be done. To see if any other cause is present, you may have to consult an orthopedic surgeon.

Hope this gives you a brief idea about your condition. Let me know about the questions I have asked, so that I can guide you better.

You may start on Tab. Shelcal 500mg (Calcium) daily once for the time being.