Pain in left side below stomach, burning sensation. Colonoscopy shows polyps. Taken antibiotics. Why is it still paining?

Jan 2013

I have a dull pain on my left side down below by stomach above the bend of my leg. I get this burning sensation that comes and goes. Usually after I walk for a long time and then sit down the burning happens when I get up to walk again. I went to my PCP who had me go to the emergency room (day before July 4th) they ran a scan and said it is not a mass so call a dr that can run a colonosopy on you. I did. They did and found 5 ployps - 4 precanerous but I have had the pain still. He then put me on antibotics for seven days. Still have the pain. They tell me nothing else it could be since I don't have my overies either. Well something is giving me this pain? There has to be something else there? I am thinking blood veins? something else is there. But weird that I don't get the burning sensation all the time, just comes and goes but seems to be happening more often. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later

Presence of precancerous polyp with history of weight loss is not a good sign.

Do you have bleeding per rectum/ mucous dischrage/ fever/ burning urination?

Do you have other symptoms apart from mentioned one?

There is few possibilities regarding locetion of abdominal pain: large intestine Growth spreading in surrounding area, IBS, left renal stones, joint discomfort.

You should consult with physycian and gastro-physician and should go for CEA and PET scan.

Any type of large intestinal growth and spread may be detected by these investigations.

You should also go for urine analysis, MRI scan abdomen, x XXXXXXX left hip joint.

If all these investigations are normal then you should take treaatment for IBS.

Put your query if you have.

Best regards,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava