Pain in left knee, left elbow & wrist. Knee hurts while walking.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Since last couple of weeks there is a severe pain in my left knee, left elbow, and wrist.
I play badminton for 2 hr daily.
The pain has increased a lot since last 2 days, i am able to move the legs, elbow very easily. but while walking knee pains.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Repeated pain in elbow and knee with leg pain can be due to multiple causes at this age the commonest being poly arthralgia. Other causes can be rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc. For proper diagnosis, some of the blood tests are advisable like-
1. Serum calcium levels.
2. Serum Uric acid levels.
3. RA factor
4. ESR and CRP
5. Serum Creatinine
6. X-ray of affected joints.
You need a thorough clinical examination followed by investigations under the guidance of an orthopedician.
Till then for symptomatic relief, you can take over the counter analgesics, do hot fomentation and apply local analgesic gel on the affected areas.
Try to avoid playing badminton till the acute pain subsides.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.