Pain due to prolapsed hemorrhoid above rectum, foul smelling pus, bleeding. No constipation. What is it?

Question
For the last 3 days I have been in extreme pain due to what I thought was a prolapsed hemorrhoid just above my rectum. I went to Dr. He didn't even check it. Just told me I needed to have it surgically removed. He gave me a pain med and a referral. I noticed earlier tonight that it was getting bigger, marble size. I just woke up and was no longer in pain and realized that it had ruptured. It has a very foul smelling puss and blood in it. What was it? Now I'm worried about it getting infected.
I'm married. Never had any other sex partner. Same with my husband. So no chance of STD. Never anal sex. No constipation either.
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 43 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As examination is necessary, you should have gone to a general Surgeon, inplace of general practitioner.

It was probably an infected hemorrhoid.

To identify the causative organism and effective antibiotics, the best way is Culture & Sensitivity test of discharge from infected pile.

Please consult a general Surgeon.

Meanwhile you can apply Proctosedyl ointment locally.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma