Pain and water retention in feet, painful blisters. Taking Citromax. Was injected Rocephin due to strep infection.

General Surgeon
Goodnight, I have pain on feet water retention on feet, blisters around the body and hands the pain is excruciating , currently taking citromax And was injected rocephin due to a strept through infection
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 14 hours later

Pain and swelling of feet with painful blisters suggests possible streptococcal or staphylococcal infection of skin or subcutaneous tissue.

You are already taking a course of antibiotics citromax and now injectable ceftriaxone ( rocephin).

Injectable antibiotics work better than oral antibiotics.

Culture and sensitivity of blood or fluid from the blister will help choose the appropriate antibiotic.

Diabetes does complicate things, it would be of great help if you could write back to me about your blood sugar levels and it is worth doing a sugar level estimation to find out your status.

I suggest you to please continue with the treatment advised by your treating physician.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries,

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”