Out of Oleanz RT and Tolaz Md. Which one can be used to treat schezophrenia?

Out of Oleanz RT(From sun pharamceuticals) and Tolaz Md (from Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd) which drug can be used to treat schezophrenia
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Schizophrenia
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Both are correct

Detailed Answer:

Oleanz RT (RapiTab) and Tolaz MD both contain the same generic called Oleazapine. Oleanzapine is routinely prescribed for a schizophrenic patients. The mechanism of both the drugs are the same in keeping the symptoms away.

The differ by the company that manufactures them. TolazMD is mouth dissolving tablet does not require water to swallow.

So I prefer a mouth dissolving tablet because of its easy of administration and easily dissolving in the mouth. Oleanz RT is a rapid tablet which is also easily available into the blood but I am not sure if should be swallowed with water or it is chewable like TolazMD.

Hope this answers.

Follow-up: Out of Oleanz RT and Tolaz Md. Which one can be used to treat schezophrenia? 5 hours later
The doctor has prescribed the Tolaz MD 5 and Ishpipra MD 10, one tablet each daily for schezophrenia. I could not find any information on Ishpipra MD 10 on internet. Could you please let me know what this medicine is for. Is it for similar purpose as Tolaz or is it for different purpose. What are the side effects of using this tablet.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is aripiprazole

Detailed Answer:

I think you are talking about ARIPAT - MD 10 mg which is aripiprazole. This is also used as Antipsychotic specifically for Schizophrenia. It has a different mode of action as that of Tolaz.

The text book described side effects of Aripat-MD are headache, agitation, insomnia, somnolence; dyspepsia, constipation, pain, nausea, vomiting; asthaenia, dizziness, abdominal pain. There are some more which were described but I do not have experience prescribing this to my patient as it is completely out of my expertise. They are mainly prescribed by Psychiatrist and Neuropsychiatrists.

Hope this answers your queries. If you do not have any more please close the discussion and rate my answer.
Follow-up: Out of Oleanz RT and Tolaz Md. Which one can be used to treat schezophrenia? 14 hours later
It is not aripiprazole.
It is Ishpipra - md - 10. Yesterday I bought this medicine.

Could you please consult any Psychiatrist doctor over there to let me know for which purpose it is.

I tried searching on internet and could not find anything. As of now I m giving these medicines to my sister who is suffering from schezophrenia. Today she was not even recognizing me and was talking to me as if I am someone else which she is imagining.Ealier this thing used to happen very rarely. I am very concerned if I m giving her appropriate medicine or not. I will be really grateful if you can provide me with any information on this tablet.
Brief Answer:
Please type the generic name written on the strip

Detailed Answer:
I asked some Psychiatrist collagues and they had the similar opinion as me. It is Aripiprazole by Ishjas Pharma. That was the right medicine given for Schizophrenics.

Look at this link,

So my second opinion hold good. Regarding the frequent new symptoms you should approach the treating Psychiatrist.