Ordered Viagra. Used Celis 20mg. No use. Available 100 and 125mg. Which one is safe?

Question
I recently ordered Viagra 50 mg. Also noted there is 100 and 125 mg. available. How do I determine what is a safe dosage for me? Presently have used Celis 20mg.which does not work for me.
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 25 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The accepted doses for viagra are 25 mg, 50 mg and 100mg. It is not normally recommended to go above the 100mg dose.

You can consider starting at the 25 mg dose. This is the initial starting dose for persons over 65 yrs of age.
This should be taken 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity. If you use this dose and it is not effective then you can consider increasing it to the 50 mg dose.

Because viagra tablets are scored in the middle , they can be split in half to reduce the dose so the 50mg tablets ordered can be split so that you can use 25mg.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions